AudioThing has released The Orb, a formant/vowel filter plugin for Mac and PC.
The Orb is a formant filter plugin which simulates the characteristics of the human voice. Featuring a set of three band pass filters, The Orb can transform any sound into a vowel-like formant-filtered sound. With the three LFOs you can modulate the Vowel, the Emphasis/Resonance of the formants, and the Drift, which can shift up or down the frequencies of each formant. You can also create your own set of vowels by changing name and frequency for each vowel/formant.
- Three Band Pass Filters (ZDF design).
- Vowel Sets: Male, Female, Child and Custom.
- 3 LFOs (destinations: Vowel, Emphasis and Drift).
- Lightweight on CPU.
- Reset system with randomizer.
- Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64-bit).
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
Price: $49. The Orb is available for the introductory price of $39 until November 7th.